Hilal Bitar launches a small company
at the age of 22 to supply Beirut and its surroundings with grains and conservatives.
Rapid sales increases
solidify Bitar’s local market position.
Hilal Bitar becomes
a leading food importer.
Our first venture into the international market begins
by penetrating the highly competitive and challenging market in Egypt.
We expand into Romania
late 1995s Annual sales reach 300 million USD and we venture into production for the first time via the largest rice mill in Eastern Europe which we open in Romania.
Hilal’s sons Rashed and Rami
join, restructuring and changing direction.
We are now present in 5 countries
with decent market share.
Our vertical expansion into packaging
prompted the creation of our own brand, Deroni. Today Deroni is number 1 in the Romanian and Bulgarian markets.
We launch our own chain of discount shops, Euroland
with everything from toys to electronics, gifts, and glassware. This formula as the direct importer and final retailer sparks even more success and by the end of 2018, Bulgaria boasts 100 Euroland shops.
30 Supermarket chains.
1. QualityAlways guaranteed, without compromise
2. CredibilityIn the way we communicate, work, and build long-term work relationships
3. GrowthOur philosophy is that growth is the key to being competitive
4. CommitmentWe build strong and dedicated relationships through a partnership-driven approach
5. AccountabilityWe assume responsibility and act responsibly
6. ProfessionalismWe perform and deliver results